Wednesday 13 January 2010

January - I'm Back

It's mid-January almost and I've decided to come back to blogging. I needed a break from the electronic world for a few weeks... and I now I'm re-energized.
I've joined Creative Every Day 2010 to keep focussed on creating. I will share a lot of my work during the year, but I won't be able to share everything! I'm looking forward to being part of the Creative Every Day community of artists and seeing their creations during the year as well.
I'm starting today with my little felting penguin. This little guy is not my original idea... I made him after reading Laurie Sharp's Wool Pets. Making him was fun and not so hard. He went together quite quickly once I got the hang of needle felting with one needle. And I only poked my finger ten or fifteen times, so the pain was minimal :-) I am a slow learner!





I'm also sharing my GeoPhysical Exhibition Quilt that is almost finished.


The quilting is done, the binding is on, the hanging sleeve is on and I am adding beads. I don't really know if I like the beads yet, but I'm not nearly finished with that part. The beads are all made from real stones, shells and gems... obsidian, pumice, shells, garnet, jasper, etc. I am using beads that would be part of a real volcano landscape process. The machine quilting went very well. It is the first time EVER that I have been satisfied with and enjoyed machine quilting. I think partly it was because the quilt was a manageable size, and partly because my confidence level got a little better.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment