Wednesday 21 October 2009

Replenish

I just returned from Edmonton. It was time to replenish supplies! It wasn't really... it was time to visit my daughter at University, but I also spent many hours in quilt and wool shops. I tried to just look, but that didn't work very well.

I did buy more felting wool and a wonderful book on felting wool animals. It is called "Wool Pets". I am really excited to start working on something from this book. Not that I need more pets... just another creative avenue to explore.

I also saw a unique art quilt exhibition by Lorraine Roy. The exhibition is at the Alberta Crafts Council Gallery. I love trees and Lorraine captures everything about them beautifully from leaves to roots. The detail in her work is exquisite. It is well worth seeing this exhibition if you have time.

My little vacation was inspiring so I am brewing ideas in my studio today!

No comments:

Post a Comment