Sunday 21 June 2009

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. Our children are young adults now and were in no hurry to get up and make their Dad breakfast. Russell and I enjoyed a breakfast out at Denny's all by ourselves... very nice at 8:30 in the morning.
I spent the rest of the morning taking photographs of the wild roses native to Alberta. I do have a project in mind, but for now I am just making photographic notes.
Of course, while on the photo hunt for roses, I found a plethora of other things. Ants, red-coloured bugs that looked like weevils, grasses, dandelion puffs and a beautiful moth I have chosen to name the "Solstice Moth" since it is the longest day of the year.
We celebrated Father's day with a crab feed. My beautiful, sensitive daughter is ruthless when it comes to boiling crabs. She had a bit of a fight on her hands when one of the crabs seem to wake up enough to grab her oven mit and try to escape. I'm sorry to say the crab lost and didn't last long in the hot tub (crab pot).
All in all a good day. Hope everyone else had a good solstice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment