Friday 13 November 2009

Friday Night and a Bottle of Wine

I have been working on art every day, but not much to show for it. I guess I could scan all my little doodles, but that takes time away from art!

Today I have a mess to share :-)! I am working on a quilt project that involves a bottle of wine... not drinking it, but portraying it. I've started with wool, my favourite medium of late. I will be working on this part for a couple of days I think. It will be incorporated into a section of other material and combined into one large wall-hanging.



I'll probably just keep sharing messes until the end of Art Every Day Month, but for me, that is the best part of art!

4 comments:

  1. This looks very intriguing! The colors are fabulous. I'd like to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy I'm excited to see this! And I love the creative chaos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcy: Did you drink the wine? When you said you had a mess to share, I thought you spilt the wine. Not so! What scrumptious reds.

    When I arrived at Killara about noon today, the street was festooned with Jacarandah blooms. They are just coming on at full purple-power. I'll take a picture from the patio towards dusk and send it to you!
    Cheers
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what this is. I've been very intrigued by fibers lately.

    ReplyDelete